Folders can be useful to provide a meaningful structure to your course. Folders can be used to store items. You can also have folders within folders. Make sure to decide the folder structure you will use in your course before adding content, this results in a more structured course from the outset.
1. Check that Edit Mode is turned ON. This can be switched by clicking ON or OFF.
Access a Content Area
2. Choose the Content Area within which you wish to add your folder. All the content areas work in the same way, if you have renamed or added content areas to your Blackboard course the screenshot above may vary from what you see.
3. Hover your mouse pointer over Build Content and then click on Content Folder.
Enter Folder Information
4. Begin completing the form according to your preferences. Use the text box to describe what students will find within the folder.
5. Set the options according to your preferences.
Permit Users to View this Content
Do you want students to be able to access this folder? Selecting No would prevent your students from viewing it, but you would still be able to view it while Edit Mode is ON. The date restrictions option below is a more powerful way of doing a similar action. The default for this option is Yes.
Track number of views
Select Yes to indicate that the system is to track the number of times a user accesses this folder. Select No to indicate that the number of times this page is accessed will not be tracked. Only use this option when you particularly require tracking information. A general report on Course Statistics provides tracking information for the whole course and is available from the Control Panel. For more information about this feature check the link on the right under “What’s Related”.
Select Date and Time Restrictions
If you wish you may restrict when this folder will appear. Tick the boxes and determine times and dates as appropriate. Ticking Display After will mean that the content will appear from the time and date that you select. Ticking Display Until will mean that the content will no longer appear (disappear) after the date and time selected has passed. This only affects the way the material appears to students. As a course instructor you can change this setting at any time and the folder will always be available to you.
Click on Submit
6. Click on Submit.
7. Your folder has now been created. To access options click on the Modify button.
8. To enter the folder click on its name.