You may wish to personalise your Blackboard course menu by applying a different design.
1. From your course Control Panel expand the Customisation menu and choose Style.
Point of Entry
2. The course entry point is the first menu item that students see when they enter the course. If you wish to change it from announcements use the dropdown menu.
3. Scroll down to the section Select Course Theme. Here you choose from a selection of preset themes. This will change many of your course colours, not only the course menu. Note that if you choose a different theme it will be visible to all users.
4. Now we get to configure the design of the course menu. First we can choose whether we would like Text or Buttons shown within the course menu.
If you select Text then the course menu will be simply a list of menu items, you may select the background and text colours.
If you select buttons then each course menu item will have a button. You can choose whether the buttons should have a pattern or be plain, and the style of the corners. The text colour should usually be automatically set to a contrasting colour.
5. Now we can set the default content view. This is the way in which course content is displayed, either with various combinations of text and icons. To find out more about the different views access our guide on changing content area appearance.
Banner and submit
6. If you have a course banner you can upload it here. More information is available on our web site.
7. Click on Submit to finish.