The Turnitin iPad app requires you to add ‘classes’ (Blackboard Courses) you wish to view / mark in the app using a pre-generated ‘access code’. This guide explains how to generate the access code for use with the Turnitin iPad app. To do this you will need to login to Blackboard through the standard web browser interface.
Access Control Panel
1. From your course’s Control Panel, expand the Course Tools section and click on TurnitinUK Assignments.
Select Turnitin Assignment
2. Click on the name of the Turnitin Assignment for which you wish to view Originality Reports.
Access Originality Report
3. Once the assignment inbox has loaded, you should see a list of students along with the details of their submissions. To view an Originality Report for a particular student, click on the percentage score which appears in the similarity column.
Open Originality Report
4. Once the Originality Report has loaded, click the ‘i’ button in the side panel.
Write down access code
6. Make a note of the access code which appears. You will need to enter this on your iPad later on (without the spaces). Once you’ve made a note of the access code you can logout of Blackboard and close the browser.
Note that each access code can only be used once to add a class. If you subsequently delete a class from the app, you will need to generate a new access code using to re-add the class.