Following the upgrade in June 2014 it is no longer possible to use Internet Explorer 8 with Blackboard. You may use Firefox or Chrome as an alternative web browser on your UDE computer. Follow these instructions to install Firefox.
A full list of compatible web browsers is available here: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/blackboard/student/osbrowsercompatibility
1. Find the icon labelled Additional Software on your UDE desktop.
2. A list of programs you may install onto your computer are shown. Select Mozilla Firefox. Note that the version number you see may differ from that on the screenshot above.
3. You will receive a message stating that the software installation has begun.
4. Once installation has completed you will receive a success message. You can find the software by typing “Firefox” into the search box that appears when you click on the Windows start button.
Shortcut on Taskbar
5. If you wish to add a link to the browser to your taskbar you may do so by right clicking on the icon in your Start Menu and choosing Pin to Taskbar.
6. Once you have opened the browser enter the address blackboard.soton.ac.uk into the address bar to access Blackboard.
If Firefox does not appear then try restarting your computer. If this does not work then please contact ServiceLine who will resolve the issue for you.