Blackboard has a calendar feature which may be accessed via the Global Navigation menu.
You can choose whether you wish to have your calendar represented using the Gregorian calendar, the Hijiri Calendar, or a mix of both. You may also choose on which day the week should appear to begin in your calendar. The Hijiri Calendar implementation uses the Umm al-Qura algorithm for date calculation.
- From within Blackboard click on the My University of Southampton tab and choose Personal Information from the Tools box on the left.
- Choose Change Personal Settings
- Select which calendar you prefer. The options are:
- Gregorian only
- Gregorian-formatted with Hirji date conversion in parentheses
- Hijri only
- Hijri-formatted with Gregorian date conversion in parentheses
- Select on which day you would like your personal calendar’s week to begin, the options are Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
- Click on Submit to finish.
Below are examples of the different calendar options. Sunday has been set as a personal starting day of the week, and the four calendar options are shown.