There may be times when you are asked to enrol yourself onto a Blackboard course. Often these are courses which are for whole year groups, for special activities, or to cover several modules within one course. Usually you will be required to enrol yourself onto the course using an access code. You will also need to know the Course Name or the Course ID of the course. Below are instructions for enrolling yourself onto a course.
The Courses Tab
1. Log into Blackboard.
2. You will arrive at the My University of Southampton screen. Click on the Courses tab at the top of the page.
Course Search Box
3. Type the Course Name into the Course Search box and click Go or press the Enter key.
Find Course and Enrol
4. The course you are searching for should be displayed. If it is not you can use the course catalog to browse for your course through clicking on the faculty and school in which your course is held, or use the search options at the top of the page to try searching by the Course ID or Instructor.
5. Click on the downward pointing arrow icon beside the course id. This is highlighted in red in the screenshot above.
6. A small menu will appear, click on Enrol.
7. Sometimes an access code is required before you may complete the enrolment process. This code will be provided to you by your course instructor. If necessary, enter the code into the text box and click on Submit.
8. You will now be enrolled on the course. The course will appear in your My Courses list. You will not have to complete this process again to access the course.