iSolutions is upgrading Blackboard. During the upgrade we will endeavour to provide useful updates to inform you of when to expect service to return.
Estimated time for return to service:
Sunday 24 June 16:00 BST
Visualisation of progress so far:
The upgrade window is 23 June to 24 June with 25 July reserved for contingency. The contingency day will only be used if problems arise during the upgrade which require us to spend more time to bring Blackboard back to service.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is necessary to upgrade Blackboard for several reasons:
- To maintain support from the application provider.
- To provide security fixes and enhancements.
- To resolve known issues and bugs.
- To provide updates to back end technology.
The upgrade entails large changes to Blackboard application code and database tables. These changes cannot be made whilst the application is running.
We have a core upgrade team of
- two Blackboard application administrators
- a Linux system administrator
- an Oracle database administrator
- a web applications expert
The three systems roles above each have a back up. In the event of illness we have someone who will be able to step in to ensure the upgrade proceeds without delay.
During the upgrade weekend how will I find out that the upgrade is complete and I can use Blackboard again?
During the upgrade weekend we will be posting updates to our twitter feed @uos_mle
When service is restored the first place where this will be publicised is the above twitter account.