It is possible to control which announcements are shown within the My Announcements box on the My University of Southampton screen.
Identify the My Announcements box
1. Click on the My University of Southampton tab at the top of the screen.
2. Look at the My Announcements box.
3. Note the small icons at the top right and top left. (see screenshot above).
If you wish to hide My Announcements
4. If you wish to hide the My Announcements box click on the minimise icon shown above. To bring back the My Announcements click the minimise icon once more.
Change the way the My Announcements box displays announcements
5. If you wish to change the way the My Announcements box displays announcements click on the gear / cog icon shown above.
Customise My Announcements
6. Upon clicking on the gear / cog icon you will be presented with a screen similar to the one above.
7. Here is an explanation of each option:
Show Announcements for:
This option allows you to determine which announcements you wish to have displayed in terms of when the announcement was posted:
View today’s announcements only, announcements that were not posted today will not be shown.
Last 7 Days
View announcements posted over the past seven days. Announcements older than 7 days will not be shown.
Last 30 Days
View announcements posted over the past thirty days. Announcements older than 30 days will not be shown.
View all announcements.
Show Permanent Announcements
This option will show any Permanent Announcements for the course. Permanent Announcements are announcements which the instructor has requested be posted permanently.
8. Select the options according to your preferences and click on Submit. You can change your options by repeating the above process.