The Blackboard VLE service is made up of the following elements
- Blackboard VLE Product
- Integrated iSolutions centrally supported services such as Panopto and TurnItIn
- Third party publisher content purchased by faculties outside of the iSolutions support model, but integrated with Blackboard by request
- Third party freeware / open source Blackboard plugins
The support model for these elements is shown in pictorial form here:
The four elements are described separately below:
1. Native blackboard features
These are features which are core parts of the Blackboard product. Our elearning support site has step by step guides on how to use them. We provide direct support for them via ServiceLine and have a support agreement with the vendor who will help us to resolve any issues which we are unable to resolve ourselves.
2. iSolutions centrally supported services (e.g. Panopto and TurnItIn) integrated into Blackboard
Panopto and TurnItIn are not part of the core Blackboard product, they are separate services which are integrated with Blackboard. These are centrally supported iSolutions services. Our elearning support site has step by step guides on how to use them. We provide direct support for them via ServiceLine and have a support agreement with the vendor who will help us to resolve any issues we are unable to resolve directly ourselves.
3. Third party publisher content purchased by faculties
These are publisher materials purchased by faculties or individual subject areas that we have endeavoured to integrate into Blackboard. Support is handled by the faculties. Technical issues are forwarded to the vendor who will provide support on their own timeline.
4. Third party freeware / open source Blackboard plugins
Freeware or open source plugins for Blackboard can provide beneficial extra features not included within the core product. Support for these is on a ‘best efforts’ basis. If the plugins are found to have security issues, incompatibilities, failures, or other issues which may cause system instability, they may be removed without notice.
Current Freeware plugins:
Instructor Quick Tools
Current Open Source Plugins:
Our instructions: Photo Roster
Further information: https://www.dataii.com/Blackboard/PhotoRoster