To introduce the learner to authoring with the Blackboard virtual learning environment, covering the areas of most interest and providing familiarity with the Blackboard interface.
The schedule of forthcoming events can be found at https://elearn.southampton.ac.uk/blackboard/trainingschedule/
This course assumes prior knowledge of using a Windows PC to find files and folders on the computer and networked drives as well as familiarity with using the world wide web with a standard web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Access Blackboard
- Understand the courses on Blackboard and how they are populated
- Add a variety of types of course content to a Blackboard course
- Understand how to manage and track users of their course
- Allow students to access their course
- Customise the look and feel of a Blackboard course
On successful completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Access Blackboard
- Understand the types of course on Blackboard, both “Arbitrary” and “Banner” courses, and how those courses are populated with instructors and students
- Become familiar with the Blackboard interface, including tips on shortcuts, and develop an intuitive knowledge of how to use unfamiliar features not covered within the course itself.
- Access their Blackboard course/s
- Add a course announcement
- Add a staff profile, including a photo
- Add a content folder
- Add an item of content
- Develop an understanding of the other content features available in Blackboard.
- View material from a student’s point of view
- Set a Blackboard course’s enrolment options
- Make a Blackboard course available to students
- Add a user manually to their course
- Modify a user’s role on their course
- Understand the different ways instructors may track student usage of their Blackboard course.
- View results of a test or survey in Blackboard, on a per student or course wide basis, and use Blackboard’s tools to provide simple analysis of those results.
- Embed YouTube videos into a Blackboard course.
- Customise the Blackboard course menu.
- Change the Blackboard course menu design.
- Customise the Blackboard course entry point.
- Know where to find iSolutions’ online documentation and step by step guides for using Blackboard
- Know how to contact iSolutions for Blackboard support, including what information they should provide to aid a quick and effective resolution to their query.
Duration: 2h 30m