Please note: A provisioned Blackboard course is still required to follow this guide unless recording into your “My Folder”, however there are circumstances where the Blackboard Recorded Sessions link does not show the create button
- Open the Panopto administration website https://southampton.cloud.panopto.eu
- If you don’t see a menu down the left hand side, click on “Show all sessions”
- The main Panopto administration website should now be visible. Make sure the folders drop down box says “My Folders”
- Select the Blackboard course that you wish to upload the video into
- From the list that appears, select “Upload Video”
- Find the video you wish to upload and drag it into the “Drag video or audio files here…” area of Panopto
If you don’t want to drag the file you can also click within the dotted box.
Your video will now upload. Depending on the length of the media file, it may take a few minutes to a few hours for the video to process. You may also edit the name of the media file while it is uploading.
Important note: You must not close the window until the page says “It is safe to close this window”