The Meetoo add-in for PowerPoint is now available in all CLS rooms, but you have to install it yourself. This should be a one-off process, and once installed it is available to all users of that room – but if iSolutions update that CLS PC then you may have to re-install the add-in.
- You can also install the Meetoo add-in on your office PC or laptop in exactly the same way.
- If you don’t have Additional Software you can download the add-in from Meetoo.
- If you have an Apple Mac, you can only use the Meetoo Lite add-in (see below).
Installing the add-in takes about one minute:
- Double-click the Additional Software icon on the desktop
- Search Additional Software for Meetoo
- Click Install and click Yes to confirm
- Wait until installation is Complete – this takes around 30 seconds
- Start PowerPoint and open your presentation.
Connecting to your Meetoo account
- View the Meetoo control ribbon in PowerPoint
- Click the Dashboard button
- Connect to southampton.meetoo.io
- Log in using your Meetoo username (email) and password
- Your dashboard will open in a web browser
- Select and copy the Meeting ID you will be using
- In PowerPoint, click the Disconnected button on the Meetoo control ribbon
- Enter your Meetoo username and password and Login (again… sorry)
- Paste the Meeting ID, click Connect and then Done
- If your meeting is not already started, you will be asked if you wish to start it when you begin your presentation:
Note that steps 2-6 above are not required if you know the Meeting ID and just type it in step 9. However, I recommend opening your dashboard so that you can easily view messages posted by your students. You can turn messaging off if you don’t wish to use it during a meeting.
The Meetoo Lite add-in for PowerPoint
There is another way to add Meetoo polling slides that does not require any installation on CLS PCs. You will need to install it on your office PC – it is a free download from the Microsoft Store. It works with PowerPoint 2016 for Windows and Mac – so this is the only option for Mac users.
Support for the Meetoo PowerPoint add-in
Meetoo provide online support videos and information.
If you used the Turning Point add-in for PowerPoint with clickers (zappers) there is a simple 5-seconds-per-slide way to update to Meetoo polling using the Meetoo PowerPoint add-in.